Friday 25 October 2013

Everybody say 'Hello' to Venom!

Spider-Man was the very first superhero that got me into comics back when I was younger (He is 'Amazing' after all), and naturally, now that I've started actually collecting, I'm really interested in picking up some great key 'Amazing Spider-Man' issues.

So, without further ado, here is my most prized 'Amazing Spider-Man' issue (so far!)


I'm sure you will all recognise it as ASM #298 from March 1988, with the first (very brief) appearance of Venom!

I have been looking at the first appearances of Venom issues for a while now, trying to price them up on ebay and all, so when I saw this in my local comic shop (which incidentally has been nominated for 'Best Irish Comic Shop') yesterday, I just had to have it.


This here is the first page, showing the title of the story in this issue. What I love straight away about older comics is the type of paper they are printed on, that thin, slightly off white newspaper-y type of paper is awesome! I much prefer it to the newer shiny paper that modern comics are printed on, but maybe that's just me....anyone else have a preference?

And here of course is the all-important page! No explanation necessary here!


The rest of my ASM collection at the moment (remember I'm just over a month into collecting comics) consists of ASM #529 - 538, the build up to civil war, and the Spidey civil war issues.



However, my local comic shop has just gotten in a load of ASM issues from about #250-700, so I most certainly will be looking through them in the next few weeks (as well as perhaps slightly drooling over them.....)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment