Saturday 2 November 2013

The Latest Haul....And Big Decisions

Hello again!

This won't be a long post, but I just thought I'd share the latest selection of awesome comics that I have acquired.

First up, to complete the first Venom appearances, ASM #299 and #300 (To go with #298 that I showed in my last post. Haven't seen it? Check it out! http://comicbookguy38.blogspot.ie/2013/10/everybody-say-hello-to-venom.html)







Awesome issues, delighted to add them to my collection. Also, kudos to my LCS for doing a great deal with them (The owner actually walked me through the grading of them!)

Next up, the Doomsday run for Superman, which joins my previously purchased Death of Superman/Funeral for a Friend run. Looking forward to reading a great battle!









































And lastly, Batman: Death of the Family, which just looks unbelievable! I absolutely love the Joker, and this seems to be regarded as a modern Joker classic, just had to have it!






And, these Batman issues actually lead me to my last point for this post (and also addresses the second part of the post title). After much deliberation, hours of reading some fantastic and inspiring blogs, and a lot of nice lengthy chats with my LCS owner (possibly the friendliest guy ever!), I have decided, since I love this hobby so much so far, and since I love having complete collections of things, aaaaaaand because I love Spidey and the B-man, I am now officially declaring the start of my quests to own a complete collection of Amazing Spider-Man, and Batman Vol. 1 (and maybe the New 52 Vol. 2, since I just got Death of the Family there). Big quest I know, but...... It shall be very, very enjoyable!

So there you have it! Stay tuned in here for some craaaazy buying, and hopefully you will see some beautiful comics! 







4 comments:

  1. Batman Volume 1 as in Snyder and Capullo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Batman Vol. 1 I mean the original Batman comics that started in the 1940s. Sorry for any confusion, but I also am thinking of the Snyder and Capullo run, as those Death of the Family issues look seriously nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah dude that is crazy, but good luck. Stupid question but are you gonna be trying to get them in single issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big quest alright, just going to take my time with it though. And yes, all single issues, and preferably all 1st prints! Gotta love them single issues!

      Delete